PyeongChang Youth Peace Challenge (YPC) 2022 is peace and global citizenship education program in the form of essay and group debate for youths who are interested in engaging with peace-building and peace-making in the context of UN Decade of Action to Deliver the SDGs by 2023 and the U Declaration on the commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the UN in 2020.
The YPC 2022 aims at empowering youths with learning opportunities to share their experiences and ideas about how to promote and build peace in their daily lives, communities and society in their country as well as internationally in accordance with the PyeongChang Peace Spirit born out of the historical PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
- A modest amount of scholarships will be awarded for the 10 winners of the YPC 2022 to support the implementation of their ideas and proposals in the essay.
- Grand Prize: KRW 2,000,000
- First Prize: KRW 1,500,000
- Second Prize: KRW 1,000,000
- Third Prize: KRW 500,000
- The winners will be appointed as PyeongChang Youth Peace Ambassadors for a year and invited to attend the PyeongChang Peace Forum in Feb. 2023 in person.
Youths aged 14 to 27 (born between 1 Jan 1994 and 31 Dec 2006)Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Register before 15th Jan 2022 at Apply Now link.
- Participants can join either individually or as a team of a maximum of 2 persons of any nationalities.
- The length of the essay is between 3,000 and 4,000 words.
- The working language will be English.
- The YPC is composed of two parts: An essay contest and group debate. Selected participants from the essay contest will be invited to join the group debate online.
- More detailed guidelines about the essay and group debate will be emailed to registered applicants.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link