The APA Committee on International Relations in Psychology (CIRP) invites applications for funds for scientific meetings that foster the exchange of knowledge among psychologists across the world.
The fund typically provides grants of $500-$1,000 in support of international scientific meetings.
Funds may be used for activities associated with scientific meetings such as the following. Priority will be given to high-impact, specific activities in support of a “general fund” for specific targets:
- Scientific meeting organizing expenses (e.g., printing, postage, supplies).
- Scholarships for travel and/or registration for targeted groups (e.g., students, special speakers, presenters from a transitional or a developing country).
- Support for special events associated with a scientific meeting (e.g., historical exhibits). Social or cultural events associated with a meeting.
- Funds may be used to support planning activities in years prior to the conference year.
Organizations of psychology are eligible to apply. Need will be considered in selecting recipients and in determining the amount of support. Priority will be given in the following order:
- International organizations that have collaborative relationships with APA.
- International organizations, including emerging organizations, holding socially significant and relevant events.
- International organizations and organizations in transitional and developing countries.
- Organizations whose events are attended by U.S. citizens.
- Organizations that support organizational or individual capacity building.
Preference will be shown for not-for-profit organizations.Eligible Regions: Open to all
Complete the application form given.
Further, provide the following:
A cover letter on the organization’s letterhead stationery indicating the name of the event, the activities for which support is sought, and the amount requested. Application form (PDF, 46KB) that includes:
- Name and contact information of the applicant organization.
- Description of the organization, including the mission statement.
- Description of the organization’s relationships with APA. Event name and date.
- Overview of objectives of the event and event activities.
- Description of who in the organization will organize and carry out the event.
- Event budget, indicating the portions requested from APA and from other funding sources.
- Details of activities for which APA funding is sought.
- Statement of the country’s adherence to the principle of free circulation of scientists as defined by the International Council for Science (ICSU).
- Attachments to: Other relevant documents that describe the organization. A preliminary program. Any additional information about the event.
See the Official Website
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link