Under the year-long BBC News Disability Development Programme, they are offering six positions for placements in teams across BBC News. The roles available are at various levels of experience, from junior levels to more experienced senior editorial levels. They will match the right candidate to the right opportunity.
In BBC News, they aim to deliver the best and most innovative content. They want to challenge and speak to the audiences in new and engaging ways and most importantly, they want to be in touch with what’s on people’s minds. Their aim is to create more opportunities for journalists with disabilities in BBC News due to an under-representation across the BBC as a whole. This year they are also open to applications for production management assistant roles. They want anyone with a disability, be that hidden or visible, to consider applying to be part of this exciting opportunity.
Across the 12 months, individual will receive bespoke training and support from BBC managers and will also be mentored by someone from within BBC News.
People applying for the 12-month programme will be selected for one of the following roles and will be matched to the most suitable team:
- Video Journalist
- Senior Journalist
- Production Management Assistant
Current BBC staff can also apply for a bespoke three-month development attachment in a BBC News team (any UK location), working with experienced editors and staff to support and develop your skills. They will work with you to identify your development goals and arrange the best possible placement. Please note that some placements in BBC News will involve working shifts including weekends and overnights, however, the programme aims to be as inclusive as possible, so reasonable adjustments both in terms of office location and part-time/flexible working will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Work experience with experienced BBC editors and staff as well as being mentored by someone within BBC News
- Becoming part of a network of people who have joined the BBC on this programme
- For internal BBC staff the opportunity to also be considered for a three-month development attachment in a BBC News team
- Having a real enthusiasm for News and Current Affairs
- Creative, full of journalistic ideas, determined and resilient
- Disability (hidden or visible)
Apply online through the official website.
Application Deadline: October 11, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link