Xylem seeks to hire a virtual Marketing Intern to join its Americas Industrial Vertical Marketing team for summer 2020. The industrial market is something that is a core focus to Xylem and a market that is served by multiple brands within the Xylem portfolio that represent pumps, heat exchangers, fire protection, treatment, analytics, pipeline integrity, and controls equipment. Key applications include water intake, fluid boosting, fluid circulation, heat transfer, process water, stormwater, and wastewater for Industrial end-users.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, fluid environment while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work in a digitally progressive and data-focused marketing team, they want to hear from you!
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and its international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
They are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through their Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity, and inclusion are also key to their culture.
Their products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. They develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies, and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric, and gas utilities.
You will be assigned specific projects which are designed to add value to the organization while providing real-world experience. While receiving mentoring and guidance, working with the Industrial Marketing Vertical team members on the growth initiatives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Conduct end-user and competitor research to determine treatment technologies used in oil & gas and mining applications
- Conduct research to determine customer preferences for renting vs purchase of technologies above
- Research and assess channel partner and direct sales capabilities and understanding of industrial treatment technologies and applications in both the rental and final purchase marketplace
- Conduct voice of customer (VOC) activities to determine the competitive landscape for specific pump products
- Develop value proposition for pumping products based upon VOC
- Get hands-on with marketing research and voice of customer tools and techniques to analyze findings and turn them into actions.
- An understanding of a B2B market landscape, how it works, and the buyer’s journey, including key audiences and decision influencers
- For more details please visit the official website.
- Is attending an accredited University studying toward a Master’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration.
- Has a strong sense of ownership and drive; a self-starter
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable engaging others and asking questions
- Has good technical and organizational skills
- Has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please apply through the given link.
Please note that the official organizers have not specified the deadline for this opportunity. Thus, we recommend our users to apply as soon as possible. If you are unsure, please communicate with the official organizers before applying.
Apply nowOfficial link