Internship opportunities for U.S. and Canadian students in the German parliament, the Bundestag, has been offering by EMGIP (Émigré Memorial German Internship Program). The internships are of two months long and they try to match the position with the student’s interests and experiences. Interns will be placed within the administration, preferably with a secretariat working for their preferred committee.
DAAD programs are helping to create goodwill and professional relationships that will help build a solid basis for relations between Germany and North America.
- The successful applicant will receive compensation of approximately EUR 1,800 per month from the German Bundestag
- Subsidized health insurance is available through DAAD for a monthly fee
- Interns can be helped to obtain housing in Berlin and make contacts with fellow international interns and German students by DAAD
- In addition to contributing to the respective offices, interns have the opportunity to study legislative and administrative procedures in the German parliament
- U.S. and Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply
- Applicants should possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity as well as sufficient knowledge of the German legislative process
- Applicants should be advanced undergraduates or graduate students in fields such as political science, international relations, law, history, economics or German
- PhD students and German nationals are not eligible
- Students must be fluent in spoken German and possess excellent writing skills
- International students who are enrolled in a full time course of study in the U.S. or Canada may also apply
Please apply following all the procedures given in the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link