Internship at Apple 2019: Hardware Technology & Research Scientist
Apple’s Exploratory Design Engineering group is seeking an enthusiastic research scientist with emphasis in one of the following areas: computer science, computer vision, computational vision science, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering/control theory, or electrical engineering/signal processing. You will join a team of highly innovative scientists and engineers to design, validate and implement novel technologies.
Ideal candidates will be self-driven and have initiative. They will have multi-disciplinary skills with a focus in problem formulation and have a strong algorithm development background plus experience with human-in-the-loop experiment design.
- The interns have to design and implement human-in-the-loop experiments, to measure and model subjective responses
- Perform cutting-edge research on human vision
- Communicate findings clearly, and work with engineers and scientists to tune technologies to create subjective effects
Apple is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. The company’s hardware products include the iPhone smartphone, the iPad tablet computer, the Mac personal computer, the iPod portable media player, the Apple Watch smartwatch, the Apple TV digital media player, and the HomePod smart speaker. Apple’s software includes the macOS and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media player, the Safari web browser, and the iLife and iWork creativity and productivity suites, as well as professional applications like Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, and Xcode. Its online services include the iTunes Store, the iOS App Store and Mac App Store, Apple Music, and iCloud.
Imagine what you could do there. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work there have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into their products also applies to their practices strengthening their commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join them to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of their dynamic group, you will have the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
It is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Featured Image: Business Insider
Opportunity to join a team of highly innovative scientists and engineers to design, validate and implement novel technologies.
- The candidate should be- Pursuing a PhD or MSc. This will typically be in one of the fields mentioned in the job summary. However, candidates with strong modeling and computation backgrounds from other fields are also encouraged to apply- Experienced in modeling physiological systems- Comfortable iterating designs to optimize subjective metrics.
- For Spring 2019 interns (January – April), students must be graduation May 2019 or later.
- For Summer 2019 interns (May – Aug/Sept), students must be graduating September 2019 or later.
- Experience designing and implementing image and video processing algorithms (Machine Learning and DNNs are a big plus)
- Knowledge of the human ocular system is highly desirable
- Familiarity with vergence/accommodation issues is a plus
- Experience prototyping in C++ or Python.