This is a one-year program in our Global Investment Research division where you will gain broad knowledge on economies and markets, obtain skills on data researching and critical analysis, as well as get hand-on experience in financial information technologies.
In this one-year rigorous program, you will learn economies and markets first-hand. You’ll also get hands-on experience in financial information technologies that will prepare you for a career in Global Investment Research.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is an American multinational finance company that engages in global investment banking, investment management, securities, and other financial services, primarily with institutional clients.
Global Investment Research is organized into six groups:
Equity Research analysts analyze macro, sector and company fundamentals to identify investment opportunities for the stocks we cover globally.
Credit Research analysts make investment recommendations for the corporate debt and credit derivatives of issuers in various sectors.
Economics Research analysts formulate macroeconomic forecasts for economic activity, foreign exchange rates and interest rates.
Portfolio Strategy Research analysts formulate equity market views, forecasts and recommendations on both asset and industry sector allocations for every major equity market.
Commodities Research analysts analyze market fundamentals to formulate forecasts for commodities in five main areas: oil, natural gas, base metals, precious metals and agriculture.
The Global Markets Institute is the public policy arm of Goldman Sachs, providing research and high-level advisory services to policymakers, regulators and investors around the world.
Competitive Salary is expected.
- This program is intended for students finishing up their penultimate year, going into their final year of study.
- You must have approval from your university to participate in a gap-year program.
- students with a high degree of literacy in Excel; knowledge in the use of external databases, e.g. Bloomberg, CEIC, DataStream, FactSet, Haver, and Reuters. Program writing in VBA or experience using quantitative statistical packages such as SAS, EViews, MatLab, S-Plus is a plus.
- Click on the Apply Now button below
- Login, if you are an existing user, or register
- Select position ‘Other Internships and Work Placements’
- Select program ‘Gap Year Internship’
- Complete application details and submit