The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. It assists its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
The Internship Program helps ADB enhance a platform to exchange and generate knowledge with external partners. It also enables ADB to identify potential future staff.
Stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days. Interns may choose to work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend. Exception to receiving stipend would be interns who fall under the special arrangement category between select schools and ADB.
Location:ADB Member Countries
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
- Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020 (9 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link