Youth Center for Research is an aspiring youth-led think tank based in Pakistan. It was set up in the year 2019 and has been working since then. Over the span of 1 year it has made great progress. In 2020 it was selected for AMENDS by Stanford University for its potential social impact.
The applications for this year’s Summer Programme are open.
The Summer Research Programme is the flagship programme of the Youth Center for Research. It was organized for the first time in 2019 with young researchers’ participation from Pakistan alone. In a year’s time only they are taking a leap and aiming to welcome international aspiring young researcher’s applications to join the programme.
The format of the programme since its inception has been based on remote learning, collaboration and participation. Therefore, Covid-19 technically suited the programme more.
The programme offers a unique opportunity to the youth to take their first step towards advocacy, that is knowledge-building. It is only through holistic and in-depth understanding of issues can an advocate perform more meaningfully. This is 6 week-long guided programme in which young aspirants are hooked in teams and assigned a dedicated advisor to mentor them. This year our advisors are joining from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kenya, Nigeria and Morocco and they hail from various professional backgrounds.
The youth needs to realize their agency, their role and also their responsibility. Youth Center for Research aims for an inclusive and safe future, but need to work for it together and in an informed manner.
- A guided experience of critical thinking and research under professional advisors hailing from various countries and professions.
- An opportunity to connect with fellow young researchers from multiple nationalities and learn to work collaboratively.
- Platform to understand the idea of global citizenship and one’s role as a youth for now and the future.
- Learn technical tools of research to help in further academic and professional endeavors.
- Build lifelong connections with fellow youth and experts.
- A step towards research-driven discussions and discourse.
- College/High School Students: applying for universities this year who are willing to experience the research-oriented environment of higher studies and looking forward to having a rigorous, inclusive and holistic learning experience.
- University Students: who are currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s or Masters Degree programme.
- Students who want to expand their horizon of learning beyond borders and have a multicultural environment at home, and who are willing to share their own experiences with others, are highly encouraged to apply.
- Students with previous research experience; and/or who are passionate to research and learn about global social, economic and political issues.
- Virtual study programs enrollees and Non-traditional students: Individuals who are looking forward to diversifying their study experience are encouraged to take part in this programme. Not only it will help in polishing professional skills, but will also help in personal development and growth.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Apply online through the given link.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their sense of seriousness, commitment, understanding, flexibility and appreciation.
- Prior research experience is not an evaluating factor.
- Respect the word limit that has been given for questions. Answers should be complete and not too short. However, be genuine. Tell them about yourself and show the real you.
- Please read carefully the commitment statement at the bottom of the form.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020 (3 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link