The Open Society Fellowship supports individuals seeking innovative and unconventional approaches to fundamental open society challenges. Applicants for the Open Society Fellowship are invited to address the propositions that are needed to fight pervasive economic inequality. Though propositions deal with economic issues, propositions without economics and business background are welcome to apply, provided they have a relevant project in mind.
- The fellowship program will help fellows obtain necessary visas and will cover all associated costs
- Fellows will receive a stipend of $80,000 or $100,000, depending on work experience, seniority, and current income
- In addition to the stipend, fellows will receive a project budget including expenses such as travel (including airfare and hotel), visa costs, part-time research assistance, conference fees and health insurance
- Once chosen, fellows will work on projects of their own design and passion
- Fellows are expected to take advantage of the considerable intellectual and logistical resources of the Open Society Foundations (OSF) and contribute meaningfully to the Foundations’ thinking
- Applicants should possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of the major themes embedded within the proposition
- Applicants will be eager to exploit the many resources offered by the Open Society Foundations and be prepared to engage constructively with their global network
- Fellows are expected to see beyond the parochialisms of their field and possess the tenacity to complete a project of exceptional merit
- The fellowship program only accepts individual applications; proposals from organizations or individuals acting on behalf of organizations will not be accepted.
- The fellowship does not fund enrollment for degree or non-degree study at academic institutions, including dissertation research
Apply through the given link. To apply,
- Applicants are required to submit a one-to-two page, single-spaced, letter of inquiry that outlines the topic of the project, proposed work product and relevance to the proposition
- A CV should accompany the letter of inquiry
Application Deadline: July 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link