IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships in Cancer Research: Candidates from low-and middle income countries (LMICs) are invited to prepare their research proposal in line with the priorities of the Agency as defined in IARC’s current medium-term strategy.
IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships focusing on cancers in children, teenagers and young adults (0 to 24 years, supported by Children with Cancer UK: Candidates from LMICs are invited to prepare their research proposal focusing on paediatric cancers or teenagers and young adults cancers (up to 24) and in line with the priorities of the Agency as defined in IARC’s current medium-term strategy. The major areas of activity are focused on understanding cancer etiology (including infections, nutrition, lifestyle, environment, radiation, genetics), developing strategies for cancer prevention (primary prevention, screening, implementation research) and elucidating the underlying mechanisms of carcinogenesis through studies of molecular and cell biology, molecular genetics, epigenetics and molecular pathology. The Agency also has strong programmes dedicated to describing the global cancer burden and to the evaluation of carcinogenicity or preventive interventions through its Monographs and Handbooks of Cancer Prevention respectively.
- Fellowships should be taken up before the end of 2023. The current IARC postdoctoral stipend is € 2,820 per month.
- The cost of travel for the awardee, and in certain circumstances for, dependants, will be met.
- Dependence and health insurance allowances will be paid, if applicable. IARC Postdoctoral Fellows have access to a wide spectrum of scientific disciplines and to a unique network of collaborators across the world.
- IARC welcomes around 60 postdoctoral scientists and fellows, at any time, distributed across the Agency.
- Only candidates with nationalities from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) are eligible to apply
- Please note that candidates from upper-middle-income countries are also eligible to apply
- Candidates with “double citizenship” of a high-income country (HI) and a LMIC are eligible to apply
- PhD degree needs to be obtained within five years of the application deadline or by the time of starting the fellowship.
- Candidates with a MD can also apply, but should have obtained a MPH degree or similar additional training and already have research experience
- Proficiency in English at a level sufficient for scientific communication is required.
- 2 reference letters (from at least one current/former supervisor) are to be submitted by the deadline of application; reference letters should not be older than a year at the time of the application deadline and provide an overview of academic and/or professional achievements
- fulfill all eligibility criteria as described in our call and in our FAQs. In case of doubt, please send your CV to [email protected] to verify your eligibility.
- get in touch with the relevant IARC Host Branch and IARC supervisor as early as possible to prepare your research proposal. It is essential that your proposal is a good fit to IARC and the Branch, is feasible and supported by the Branch and supervisor.
- contact your two referees (at least one current or former supervisor) as early as possible to ensure that the two required letters of reference are sent by the application deadline in PDF format. More information below.
- Download the following forms, which are to be attached to your online application and complete them accordingly (please upload all documents in PDF format):Biographical sketch and publication list
Motivation letter (including your research interests, future plans and motivation to apply for an IARC Postdoctoral Fellowship)
Fellowship research proposal
- Letters need to include official letterhead of institute and signature. Reference letters should be from at least one current or former supervisor and should not be older than a year at the time of the application deadline and provide an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. They can either be uploaded directly to this application form or sent by your referee to [email protected] by the application deadline.Finally, in case you have already 1st and 2nd author publications in English, have them ready for upload (PDF versions required).
- make sure that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are completed
- once you have answered the questions on one page, click the “next” button (bottom of the page)
- save your work and come back to your application form:
- click on “save and continue survey later” at the top of the page; this will save your
- enter a valid email address.
- the system will send you an email with a link to retrieve your form.
- when you come back, the system will bring you to the last page you completed.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2022 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link