The Bush Foundation believes in the power of people to make great ideas happen for their community. Each year, they award the Bush Fellowship to as many as 24 people from across their region. Bush Fellows receive a flexible grant of up to $100,000 which they can use to strengthen their leadership skills.
The Bush Fellowship is an investment in people who have a record of accomplishment and the potential to do even more for their community. Bush Fellows have shown extraordinary leadership and the ability to inspire those around them. They have a clear vision of what is possible in their community and what type of personal growth and development they need to make that vision a reality.
The hallmark of the Bush Fellowship is its flexibility. Fellows can use their grant to start or complete an academic degree, or design and pursue a personal learning plan. This flexibility gives them the freedom to think bigger and differently about what is possible for themselves and their community. This pushes Fellows to build skills, make connections and pursue experiences they might not have previously imagined were possible.
- Bush Fellows receive a flexible grant of up to $100,000
- Fellowship experience with a goal for their personal growth and development and a vision for what it can mean for their community.
- Fellows also come together twice a year to meet one another and share the insights and experiences they have gained through the Fellowship.
- At least 24 years old at the time of the application deadline.
- A resident who lives in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or one of the 23 Native nations that shares the same geography, for one continuous year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- You are ineligible if you have previously received a Bush Fellowship, Bush Artist Fellowship, Bush Leadership Fellowship, Bush Medical Fellowship or Enduring Vision Award.
- The Bush Fellowship provides a flexible grant of up to $100,000 that be used over 12 to 24 months.
- There are no specific citizenship requirements to be eligible for the Bush Fellowship. However, if a Fellow is not a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the Bush Foundation may be required to withhold income taxes on Fellowship payments and report such payments and withholdings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Apply online through given website.
Application Deadline: September 14, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link