The primary aim of this grant program is to support doctoral studies in engineering, informatics, economics, business administration, communication studies/media science, and earth and environmental sciences for suitably qualified candidates.
A subsequent teaching position at the University of Central Asia (UCA) is possible. The UCA is located in the towns of Naryn (Kyrgyzstan), Tekeli (Kazakhstan), and Khorog (Tajikistan). The UCA is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. It aims to promote an intellectual and economic transformation in Central Asia, particularly its mountain communities, by providing an internationally recognized standard of higher education.
Doctoral programs at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany:
a) as an individual project under the supervision of a university professor/teacher
b) as a participant in a structured doctoral study program
The duration of the funding would be a maximum of four years. Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers the previous award period to have been successfully completed.
Scholarship applications are reviewed by an independent, binational committee that is made up of specialist scientists. The selection criteria would be like this:
- Academic Qualification (documented by university degree certificates and academic references)
- Academic achievements and duration of studies
- If applicable, academic achievements after graduation (e.g. publications, lectures, conference contributions)
- Quality of the research project (documented by the presentation of the research project, time plan, references, proof of contacts, if applicable: language certificates)
- Quality of research project presentation and preliminary work
- Originality, topicality, and relevance of the project
- Reasons for choosing the host institution
- Feasibility and consistency of work schedule and work plan (analysis and evaluation steps)
- monthly payments of 1,200 Euro
- payments toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- travel allowances
- on a yearly basis: research allowance
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Very well-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or diploma by the time they begin their grant-supported research.Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Use the link of apply now section to login and fill out the portal and apply.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link