The Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme is a civic innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are working or have the ambition to work on solving civic and governance challenges.
Every year, TransparencIT selects and invites ten (10) active community champions to develop and scale solutions for disrupting civic participation and improving governance and social justice in their communities. For three (3) months, the Changemakers learn through engagement, training, group work and networking to advance their activities and projects.
The sole objective of the programme is to make a difference in the lives of our communities by developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation of the changemakers to foster and implement citizens-driven solutions.
The programme was designed to create a positive impact using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The core components of the fellowship comprise parallel training in experiential learning, leadership development, inclusion, innovation and management framework.
Transparency Information Technology Initiative, also known as TransparencIT, is a civic technology organization working to control corruption and accelerate justice and service delivery by enhancing transparency and active citizenship in Nigeria. TransparencIT was launched in 2016 as a project and has consistently used open datasets and tech tools to monitor the justice sector and empower citizens with clear information on public services to promote judicial integrity, social accountability and institutional reforms.
The organization focuses on fostering courtroom openness; advancing social justice; promoting quality service delivery and empowering citizens to own the fight against corruption and undertake public oversight activities.
TransparencIT collaborates with relevant government authorities, non-governmental organizations and the media in evaluating the role(s) of stakeholders, citizens’ participation and identifying challenges in the fight against corruption to recommend and push for actions that will reduce the susceptibility of corruption in the public sector. TransparencIT is registered in Nigeria as a non-profit organization.
-Applications will be accepted until June 30.
-Selected applicants will be notified in July and August.
-Orientation and training will commence in September.
-The civic leadership retreat will hold in December.
The selection panel will use the following criteria to evaluate the applications of the candidates:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
The emerging changemakers will:
- Take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- Receive professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- Receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners.
- Learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
The programme is open to emerging changemakers who are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the programme.
- Passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Available to attend both online and on-site activities of the programme.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
- To apply for the Changemakers Programme, please complete and submit the application form by June 30.
- The application requires that you write short essays on the inequality and social justice issues you are addressing.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link