The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP) is a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions. Offered by IIE in collaboration with the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa), the program is funded by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY). A total of 395 African Diaspora Fellowships have been awarded for scholars to travel to Africa since the program’s inception in 2013. CADFP exemplifies CCNY’s enduring commitment to higher education in Africa. IIE manages and administers the program, including applications, project requests and fellowships. USIU-Africa provides strategic direction through the Advisory Council.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone!
CADFP Scholar applications must be submitted and matched to a project request on or before December 9, 2019, in order to be considered in the Fall 2019 review cycle. In addition, scholars should familiarize themselves with the process of submitting a project by a prospective host institution in Africa.
African Diaspora Fellows receive the following:
- a $150/day stipend
- visa costs (if required)
- supplemental health insurance coverage
- round-trip international air travel and ground transportation costs to and from the scholar’s home to the North American airport
- potential opportunities to apply for supplemental funding to cover knowledge production activities and workshop attendance.
- To be eligible for the CADFP, a scholar must:
- Have been born in any African country, as evidenced by the biographical data in the scholar’s passport;
- Live in the United States or Canada;
- Hold a terminal degree; and
- Be employed at an accredited college or university.
- Scholars may hold any academic rank, but postdocs are not eligible.
- As part of the application, scholars submit personal statements and information about their academic qualifications, disciplinary expertise and administrative experience. A letter of recommendation from a Dean (or from an administrator of equal or higher level) from the scholar’s current institution is required.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link