DUO-Sweden Fellowship Programme was established in 2010 with the aim of promoting exchanges of people between Sweden and 21 Asian countries* on a balanced basis. In this respect, DUO-Sweden requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students be exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
DUO-Sweden 2020/2021 is for exchange projects, which will start from December 2020 and end before January 1, 2022, to avoid duplication of the implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Sweden in the ensuing years. Those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2022 (January-August 2022) shall apply for DUO-Sweden 2021/2022.
The duration of the fellowship is limited to one semester (or 4 months, whichever comes earlier).
The duration of exchange should be at least one semester and the scholarship is only available for those studying full-time (minimum 24 ECTS/16 weeks). Exchange of less than one semester is NOT allowed. If a semester is longer than 4 months in the visiting institution, the fellowship will be given for 4 months.
(A definition of full-time study in Sweden is 30 ECTS credits per semester, which is in general 20 weeks.)
In the event that a student exchange lasts for a fewer number of weeks than granted, then the scholarship will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis and repayment of the funds provided will be required.
A Swedish Selection Committee, organized by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR), will make the selection after the application deadline. The decision will be announced in November 2020. Selection criteria are at the discretion of the Swedish Selection Committee.
The notification will be displayed on the website, www.asemduo.org and the Secretariat will directly notify Contact Persons/Awardees in writing.
Note: All applicants are required to maintain their “student status” at the time of application until the time they are engaged in the exchange, and the scholarship is only available for those who will study fulltime during their exchange period.
The amount of fellowships is standardized as follows:
- 3,500 Euros for Asian student and 3,500 Euros for Swedish students in a pair, in a high-income country.
- For Middle and Low-income countries, the Asian student gets 4,000 Euros and the Swedish student gets 3,000 Euros.
- An educational institution in Sweden (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement; and
- The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution; and
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection had been accepted by the same Swedish home institution.
The educational institution in Sweden applies on behalf of both institutions and people who are to participate in the exchange. Asian institutions in partnership with Sweden institutions shall cooperate fully with Swedish institutions in supplying precise information of Asian applicants. Individuals wishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices (e.g. International Relations Offices) of the educational institutions to file an application for this program.
- Filling out an Online Application Form only
- A Copy of Cooperation Agreement (or Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutions or declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Swedish Higher Education Institution by uploading to the website with the scanned file.
- A copy of Passport of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files
- A copy of Transcript of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files (should include the grades until spring semester 2020)
For further detail, please visit the official website.
Note: The application should be written in English.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link