Apply to attend the International Students Exposure Visit on Youth Engagement to meet SDGs.
CIRDAP in collaboration with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute for Youth Development (RGNIYD) is organizing an International Training cum Exposure Visit on “Youth Engagement to meet Sustainable Development Goals” on 18-22 February 2019 in Chennai, India for students from CIRDAP member countries.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The training is designed to expose the students to social innovation and successful government initiatives relating to SDGs in order to equip them with necessary skills and knowledge required for meaningful youth participation for achievement of SDGs. The programme blends a number of combined sessions including lecture cum demonstration, case studies, audio-visual presentations, group discussions, networking and field visit respectively.
Any university students studying in any of the CIRDAP member countries listed below can apply to joint the 5 days long programme. The programme details, content and eligibility criteria is given below:
Duration: 18-22 February 2019 (5 Days, Excluding arrival and departure)
Venue: Rajiv Gandhi National Institute for Youth Development, India
No of Participants: 20
Application Deadline: 11 January 2019
Please note that, due to unavoidable reasons the date for the programme has been rescheduled from 04-08 February to 18-22 February 2019.
The tentative topics to be covered as follows:
(i) Social Innovation and Practices (Social Harmony and National Unity);
(ii) Youth Development Policies, Programmes and Practices;
(iii) Create opportunities to prevent internal migration from rural to urban;
(iv) Employability through Life Skill, Leadership and Entrepreneurship; and
(v) Youth and Community Development (Youth initiated Programme/Project).
(i) To be borne by CIRDAP and RGNIYD
- Hospitality (Accommodation and meal) for 7 days;
- All Logistics and assignment costs; and
- All expenses for Field Visit.
(ii) To be borne by Participants
- All expenses with regard to Visa fees, taxes and Airfare (Roundtrip); and
- All local travel expenditure from Airport in India to Programme Venue (RGNIYD) and vice-versa.
The Training cum Exposure visit designs a strategic response for aspiring entrants to professional career competently that are pertinent to the emerging developmental needs and desires of the young people in Asia and the Pacific. There are other aspects appended below-
- The participants will get a platform to share knowledge of skill development for elevating youth productivity.
- The participant will learn and exchange ideas from different countries of Asia and The Pacific in terms of their own country perspective
- The participants will identify ways on how they can contribute to SDGs through regional collaboration.
They value diversity and encourage qualified students from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to apply for the programme. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
1. Citizen of CIRDAP Member Countries;
2. Current studying at University;
3. Financially able to bear International Travel cost
4. Physically and mentally sound and fit for travel and field work;
5. Ability to work in multi-cultural team;
6. Proficient in English (Speaking, writing and listening); and
7. At least 6-months valid Passport.
Applicants have to submit online application using the following the online application form with supporting documents, mentioned below within the deadline –
|Sl||Type of documents||File Format||Rename as|
|1.||Last educational certificate||Applicant’s first name_certificate (e.g. bbx_certificate)|
|2.||Official Recommendation/Nomination Letter from Departmental Head||Applicant’s first name_recommendation (e.g. bbx_recommendation )|
|3.||Valid passport copy with minimum 6 months validity||Applicant’s first name_passport (e.g. bbx_passport)|
|4.||Financial Statement from Bank(either participants’ or sponsors)||Applicant’s first name_finance (e.g. bbx_finance)|
|5.||Passport Size Photograph||.jpeg||Applicant’s first name (e.g. bbx)|
Please note, the total file size of these supporting documents should not exceed 10 MB.
To be competitive for the limited number of participants, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
• Display a commitment and passion for Youth development;
• Possess academic relevance;
• Analytical Writing (Strategic perspective and innovative ideas); and
• Extracurricular Activities.
Please note that:
• Applications received after the deadline and self-nomination will not be accepted;
• Failure to submit the incomplete information or without required documents will not be considered;
• Upon successful submission of application, selected candidates will be notified of their status prior to three weeks of the programme;
• the right to select or reject any application is at the discretion of the CIRDAP.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link