Asia Pacific Youth Exchange (APYE) is a regional youth programme, which responds to the global need of actively engaging youth in localized Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) initiatives. By working with multiple stakeholders in local communities and in decision-making processes, selected youth delegates are given a unique opportunity to learn and hone the skills necessary to participate in SDGs-related activities.
APYE Thailand edition will be held at United Nations Conference Center in Bangkok, Thailand from 17-30 July 2017. The Summer 2017 program is co-hosted by UNDP Thailand & Urban Youth Academy, with the support from other 10 Asia Pacific United Nations Agencies, Ministry of Higher Education Thailand, Bangkok Airways and more than 40 international partners across sectors.
The program provide an intense learning journey over 2 weeks in Thailand, including:
- 3 days – Leadership Development Training on Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship
- 7 days – Local Immersion to different communities in Thailand. Delegates are divided into teams in alignment with SDGs to enhance solutions for existing challenges in the local communities.
- 3 days – Youth Symposium with mentoring & pitching session for the best social project to be implemented.
The program aims to “Empower Youth to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals”. Through 2 weeks of hands-on learning and international interactions, youth delegates can have the chance to work in team and learn how to create sustainable social impact through entrepreneurship, as well as access to the high level network of development agencies working on development area.
The program will mobilize 200 youth from around Asia Pacific to Bangkok, Thailand, creating a platform of proactive youth interested in social development co-designing innovative solutions for social issues. Graduates will gain access to Venture Competitions and future opportunities related to social innovation provided by our network of partners.
- Improve young people’s understanding of SDGs and their roles in achieving them
- Increase understanding and cooperation among young people across Asia and the Pacific through cross cultural dialogues, networking and partnerships
- Build the capacity of youth in implementing projects and activities aligned to the SDGs
- Strengthen global and regional partnership for the SDGs and youth development in Asia and the Pacific
- Identify opportunities for inclusion of youth in decision-making and implementation of the SDGs
- Promote youth volunteering as a tool to support achieving the SDGs.
- Applicants must be between 18-30 years old with less than 3 years working experience of social entrepreneurship.
- Applicants must be available to join full program duration from 17-30 July 2017.
- Apply via website or via application link before 23:59, 31 May 2017 (GTM+7)
- All applicants must go through an interview round. Up to 50% sponsorship is available to all candidates.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link