YSI are looking for the best talents in the world to create impact startups, to tackle the Sustainable Development Goals.
The aim is for you and your team to create a real startup that helps solve the sustainable development goals and are economically viable. Brilliant individuals are put in international teams of three People.
The program offers knowledge and tools in innovation, creativity and, leadership. YSI train the teams to operate their own startups, as well as going from nothing to a fully fledged startup in 5 months. They provide close mentorship and follow up through their innovation team, access to the YSI network of talents, partners, and mentors. They also train the team’s to find the necessary information and help they need for themselves. The program will be facilitated online, primarily using an education platform.
- Team and leadership (Objective 1 – 2)
-Understand, communication and trust
- Research and Empathize (Objective 3-4)
- Ideation and conceptualization (Objective 5-6)
- Re-shape, Retest, Repeat (Objective 7-8)
-MVP-test/Market-validation + pitch
-Re-shape and test more
- Build brand and prototype (Objective 9-10)
-Brand and full shape
-Prototype and action plan
- All expenses covered (Flight, food and accommodations) and trip to Norway
- Meet the entrepreneurial community of Oslo, Norway!
- Mentors, access to investors, and some of the best talents under 25 years in the world in your team.
- Learn about innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship through action and our curriculum.
- A golden chance to create a real startup tackling the sustainable development goals.
- Learn to work online, with a diverse team.
- Get access to a huge network of young talents and a community of driven people.
- Unknown amount of money to mvp-test and prototype
- Between 16-25 years of age.
- All countries can apply
- People with 15-25 hours to use every week from April-August.
- Dedicated people with a real drive for solving the world problems.
- People who are willing to make time and wants to create a real startup.
- People with a proven track record of excellence in resilience, drive, and who are passionately able to use their skills and knowledge towards a project of any kind.
- Open minded people who are willing to understand different walks of life, see things in a new perspective, and with an intention of creating a positive impact.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, and bold enough to actually do it.
- People who don’t get discouraged by creating a startup remotely with new people from diferent continents.
- People who can make decisions and keep their cool under extreme uncertainty.
- From January 15th – February 15th you can apply through our form found on the Apply Now section.
- You apply as an individual, and you do not apply with ideas but rather who you are as a person and your previous accomplishments.
- Further round 2: February 20th – February 28th
- Round 3: March 5th – March 10th. Round three we will continue with the core YSI team, with expert help, picking out the group to interview. If you are called into an interview you are one of the absolute last ones left to be chosen for the program. The interview is for YSI to ensure that you are the right fit for the program, as well as making sure they are the right fit for you.
- Criteria for applying is not shared in details because it will influence your answer. They are however giving some overview of who we are looking for.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link