United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, UNFCCC-GIR-CASTT Programme on Greenhouse Gases will be held in the Republic of Korea.
A professional training programme on the transparency of climate action and support, organized jointly by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Greenhouse Gas Inventory & Research Center of Korea is now officially open for applications. The programme seeks to provide professional training on greenhouse gas inventories to national experts from developing countries.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The comprehensive programme looks to facilitate effective and universal participation of countries in the measurement, reporting and verification arrangements under the UNFCCC and the transparency framework under the Paris Agreement. The goal of the conference is to enhance the technical capacity of individuals and to improve the overall competency in reporting and in contributing to climate action.
Key Programme Contents:
- Reporting & Review under the UNFCC and Paris Agreement
- GHG Inventory Compilation (GHG inventories are a key source of information necessary to understand where each country, and the global community at large, stand in terms of GHG emissions)
- GHG Projections
- Sectoral GHG Methodology
- Hands-on Exercise
Last year, 30 students were selected from a pool of 210 applicants from 72 countries. This programme was a four-week intensive training course and structured to address the current gaps, which would allow the trainees to undertake national GHG inventories upon their return. Trainees themselves came willing to participate and engage with the group and expressed an eagerness to bring the knowledge learned back to their teams at home. They are now contributing lessons learned from the training programme to enhance their national capability responding to climate change.
This year, the training will begin on 22 July and run for four weeks in the Republic of Korea. Government officials, consultants and researchers in the fields of greenhouse gas emissions, emission reductions or more generally in the response to climate change are encouraged to apply by 10 May 2019.
- Participants will be provided a return ticket from and to their home countries.
- They will also be provided with room and board for the duration of the training.
- Current government officials, consultant and researchers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Relevant experience in GHGs or climate change response-related field
- Entry-mid level professionals
- Capability to understand lectures and presentations in English (Candidates may be administrated an English test via phone)
- Individuals with an intermediate IT proficiency
Apply online through the given link. Applications must be submitted before May 10, 2019, 24:00 KST.
Application Deadline: May 10, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link