Climate Tracker is looking for young journalists from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about a youth movement or young leader pushing for climate action in their country.
As of today, the plans presented by countries are not enough to keep global warming within the Paris Agreement’s 1.5C degree limit. That is why UN Secretary-General António Guterres is calling for a special summit in New York, the Climate Action Summit, which will convene and urge global leaders to set forth concrete plans that raise ambition on climate action. Just a couple days before this, young leaders from all over will gather at the first-ever Youth Climate Summit to showcase climate solutions and engage with decision-makers on the defining issue of our time.
That is why Climate Tracker is asking you to publish a story about the young people who are making climate action a reality.
- The best eight writers will get a chance to attend and cover the Global Climate Strike, the UN Youth Climate Summit, the UN Climate Action Summit, and other events happening in New York City from the 19th – 26th September 2019.
- The eight fellows will also receive training on climate and journalism organized by Climate Tracker and the Stanley Foundation, participate in group interviews with high-level officials/experts, and network with amazing people from all over the world!
- All expenses (such as accommodations in close proximity to the UN headquarters and round-trip, economy-class airfare) will be organized and covered for the eight fellows as part of the fellowship.
- Climate Tracker has partnered with the Stanley Foundation and the UNSG’s Climate Action Summit Team to organize this fellowship.
- The Scholarships are available to young people aged from 18 – 32, from anywhere around the world!
- They are looking for great young voices who know how to reach a big audience.
- How: Publish a story, photo-series or video about a young climate champion or movement in your country in the next 2 weeks.
- Deadline: Submit your article link to this App by midnight, August 10th (New York time).
- What do you mean publish? They are looking for great young voices who know how to reach a big audience. You can publish in any language. They suggest publishing in a national media. You can submit a video or article on a platform like Medium or social media, but we want to see you reach the biggest possible audience.
- The best 8 writers will get a chance to cover the Global Climate Strike, and the UN Climate Action Summit.
- Don’t Forget: Submit your article, photo-series or video by August 10th, 2019.
Application Deadline: August 10, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link