Participate in the Fully Funded 7th ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC7) in Romania!
Are you a student engaged in student life and managing student associations? Do you care about a better future for all? Apply to become a part of the ARC7 journey on sustainability and reform the way your institution thinks about the future! Watch out for the Students’ Forum Open Call to be launched in October 2018!
The 7th ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Student’s Forum (ARC7) is co-organised by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) and the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA), between 11-14 May 2019 in Bucharest, Romania. ARC7 will be held for the first time in conjunction with the 7th Asia-Europe Meeting of Ministers for Education (15-16 May 2019, Bucharest, Romania) and participants will have the chance to meet senior officials and education ministers of 51 Asian and European ASEM partner countries.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call for action to shape a better future for all. Universities have a key responsibility to tackle complex societal challenges of our times, manifested in these Goals. We invite Asian and European higher education leaders to share how their organizations contribute to policy development and take action towards the Agenda 2030 and to get inspiration from their peers’ strategies.
ARC7 offers a creative space for knowledge exchange on implementing a whole-of-institution approach on sustainable development, teaching the next generation of leaders and thinkers to act sustainably and ethically; conducting research that leads to positive change in our world; and engaging communities outside the walls of academia. The conference also explores how university and student leaders from Asia and Europe can work together towards a “future we want”.
Established in 2008, the ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC) is a multi-stakeholder dialogue platform for university leaders, policymakers and student leaders to discuss higher education issues and shape the education landscape in Asia and Europe.
ARC is a biennial conference, with locations alternating between Asia and Europe. The conference aims to address 3 key areas in higher education: 1) quality and inclusive education, 2) university governance, and 3) university-business partnerships. To date, over 650 university leaders representing 226 universities from 51 Asian and European countries have participated in the conferences.
ARC is recognized as the Official Dialogue Partner of the ASEM Education Ministers Meeting (ASEM ME). Its results, including policy recommendations and research, feed into the preparation of ASEM MEs, which ARC rectors and student representatives are invited to attend. ARC results also contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Join the convention of about 200 university leaders, senior government officials and student leaders from 51 Asian and European countries;
- Establish new connections at this unique Asia-Europe multi-stakeholder platform and commit to specific projects with peers and policymakers;
- Develop policy recommendations for the ASEM Education Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM ME) and the ASEM Education Process on how to cooperate to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
- For Students’ Forum (11-14 May 2019) participants the event is fully funded. The organizers will provide participants with travel subsidy, meals and accommodation.
- For Rectors’ Conference (12-14 May 2019) participants the organisers will provide meals for every participant and travel grants based on financial needs.
- Citizens of any of the 51 ASEM partner countries between the ages 18 and 30
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral)
- Members and leaders of student associations engaged in academic affairs, student
life or sustainability matters
- Individuals with a strong command of English (verbal and written)
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2018 (15 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link