Applications are now open for the Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 in Tunisia.
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia, and will gather up to 38 participants from the Arab States region. The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The Forum will enhance the participants’ understanding of the World Heritage Convention; enable them to exchange on the challenges faced in Arab States in relation to heritage; and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region. In addition to building a peer network of like-minded individuals committed to this common goal, the young professionals will be encouraged to create an action plan and design projects/activities towards local communities, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the Forum.
The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The five-day Forum will gather up to 38 young professionals from the Arab States region, 2 representatives from each of the 19 countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen).
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is organized by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, under the World Heritage Education Programme, within the framework of the UNESCO/UNOCT project on the Prevention of Violent Extremism (PVE) through Youth Empowerment in Jordan, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia, co-funded by Canada. It is organized in collaboration with the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO).
All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered including
- Transportation – economy class,
- Accommodation for the duration of the Forum
Participants are expected to:
- have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
- be working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace;
- be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region;
- be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- be fluent in English;
- be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- be available for the entire duration of the Forum;
Note: Presenting project proposals and ideas related to World Heritage that promote peacebuilding, while applying, will be considered an additional asset.Eligible Regions: 19 countries in the Arab States region
- All interested candidates are invited to consult the Call for Participants.
- Candidates should submit the Online Application Form from the Apply Now Link together with the requested documents by 3 October 2019 at 23:59 CET.
Application Deadline: October 3, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link