With over 1.8 billion young people in Asia-Pacific, the youth sector is a key force in helping solve issues in housing and urbanization, and are strategically positioned to guide and push the discussions and progress toward sustainable development cities and communities for the next 20 years.
The Youth Congress will convene youth leaders from across Asia-Pacific to discuss what sustainable development and sustainable communities look like to young people, to define the concept of ‘housing at the center’ and to articulate the roles that the youth must play in making affordable housing a key factor towards achieving the goals of SDG 11 and New Urban Agenda.
Location:Hong Kong, Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
- Grab the chance to tell government officials, corporate leaders, technical experts and other stakeholders about your solutions and innovations for housing and sustainable communities.
- Inputs gathered through the Youth Congress discussions will be transformed into a Youth Declaration on the aspirations of youth for inclusive, sustainable and healthy habitats. The Declaration with be finalized and presented at the closing plenary of the Asia-Pacific Housing Forum, as well as positioned as part of Forum’s major outcomes before regional stakeholders.
- Discussion topics
- SDG 11, New Urban Agenda, sustainable communities and its implications to young people in Asia-Pacific;
- Contextualizing ‘Housing at the Center’ within the ideas and goals of SDG 11, New Urban Agenda and sustainable communities;
- The role of youth in achieving and implementing SDG 11, the New Urban Agenda and ‘Housing at the Center’ through local and regional action.
4. Delegates to the Youth Congress will have the chance to win a scholarship to the 6th Asia-Pacific Housing Forum.
5. Registration to the event is free. Airfare and accommodation costs will be shouldered by the delegate.
Who should attend?
Young leaders, government officials, policymakers, community organizers, humanitarian workers, non-profit workers, students and others, 15-30 years old, across Asia-Pacific who are intent on shaping the future of the region’s cities and contributing to building sustainable communities where decent housing is a reality for all.
Register through the online “APPLY NOW” section.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link