“Narrating Human Rights: Issues of Migration, Discrimination, and Protection of Human Rights in Southeast Asia” is the third annual international conference held by The Centre for Human Rights, Multiculturalism, and Migration (CHRM2) University of Jember incorporation with Indonesian Consortium for Human Rights Lecturers (Serikat Pengajar Hak asasi Manusia, SEPAHAM Indonesia), Migrant Care, and Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR).
They are eagerly waiting for your prompt and lineal effort in making the world a better place through contributing your critical thoughts toward human rights issues wrapped in an academically written paper and panel discussion. Looking forward to see you soon in Jember, Indonesia, next September!
- The 15 best papers will receive a full grant which covers three days of accommodation during the conference, economy airline tickets from their country of residence (limited to Southeast Asia), and paper review
- assistance and proofreading prior to publication.
- The committee also provides partial funding for the three best papers from non-SEA countries for up to 1000 USD to cover flight expenses.
- All of the best papers will be published in Journal of Southeast Asian Human Rights (JSAHR) Vol. 2 Issue 2 (December, 2018) or Vol. 3 Issue 1 (June, 2019).
- Participants can build strong connections among international practitioners and researchers in the field of human rights.
- The conference is open for researchers, academicians, activists, or practitioners from all around the world who concern about human rights (especially in the issue of Southeast Asian).
- Participants should explore topics in one or more of the given topics (listed in the website) for submitting their papers.
- All applicants must send an abstract (not to exceed 500 words, must include a working title and short biography of the author) no later than 30th March, 2018.
- If selected, presenters must submit a completed draft of their paper no later than 30th July, 2018.
- Abstract and further information must be sent to [email protected]
Deadline for abstract submission : March, 30th 2018
Notifications of selected abstract : April, 30th 2018
Deadline for full paper submission : July, 30 th2018
Conference : September, 18th-19th 2018
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018 (40 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link