The 22nd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU22) will take place from 12 – 23 September 2018 in Croatia & Slovenia on the topic of Sustainable Tourism & Green Economies. By participating in ASEFSU22, you will join a group of 51 environmentally conscious students and young professionals from all ASEM countries for 2 weeks. Next to an invaluable international and intercultural experience, you will have the opportunity to learn and share your knowledge on sustainable tourism and green economies through a local “Innovathon” and Challenge Hub. Your inputs at ASEFSU22 will finally be presented by youth representatives at ASEM government and meetings, and contribute to the deliberations of ASEM policy makers.
ASEFSU22 will focus on Sustainable Tourism and Green Economy from the perspective of the 3 Dimensions of Sustainable Development:
1) Economic Including Sustainable Transport, Youth Employment, and Sustainable Consumption & Production
2) Social Including Cultural Heritage, Inclusion, and Interactions with Locals
3) Environmental Including Water & Waste Management, Renewable Energy, and Technology
Get on board ASEFSU22 and engage with local communities, and businesses, the academia and government representatives – all working or researching on sustainable tourism, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the development of green economies!
- First-hand experience in solving real-life challenges
- You will have the opportunity to produce and propose concrete solutions for local communities to implement sustainable tourism projects, and to promote green economy models across Asia and Europe.
- Knowledge and skills-trainings linked to SDGs
- You will get acquainted and inspired by fresh knowledge and the practical implementation of the SDGs: in particular Goal 12 (Responsible Consumption & Production) and Goal 8 (Decent Work & Economic Growth).
- Access to Asia-Europe networks
- You will create new connections with young professionals, business representatives and political leaders from 51 Asian & European countries and join the sprawling ASEFEdu Alumni Network
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries between the ages of 18–30
- Action-oriented and creative doers ranging from students and academics, to young professionals and entrepreneurs from all societal sectors
- Individuals with strong command of English (written and verbal)
- Applicants who are ready and available to actively participate in a 4-week online preparatory phase, 2-week on-site phase and 4-week online post-project phase
- The Open Call and the screening process adopts a nondiscriminative approach ensuring a balanced geographic representation, gender balance and fair access to all. In doing so, the organisers do not discriminate any applicant or participant on the basis of his or her race, national origin (ancestry), colour, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, religion (creed), marital status, or age.
- To apply, submit your online application in the given link.
- Keep an eye on the confirmation email upon your successful submission; if you do not receive it, try checking if the notification might have landed into your junk/spam folder.
- When will the results be out? They will announce the application outcome by the end of July 2018. You will receive an email with your result.
Application Deadline: July 3, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link