YICCA is an international call for artists, open to professionals and not only from any country in the world. All kinds of contemporary artworks are allowed in the art contest: drawings, paintings, sculptures, photographs, graphics, mix media, video, installations and performances. The competition’s aim is to promote the enrolled artist, giving them chance to join the international market of contemporary art. Internationality and networking make this art call a huge chance for the artists, which can win a cash prize and have the opportunity to exhibit the submitted works in an art gallery of a European city. Jury’s final decision will lead to a selection of 18 artists that will participate in the final exhibition.
“YICCA” is an ambitious project regarding transparency, comparison and research of new artistic talents. Nowadays it is becoming more and more difficult to comply with the requirements of the art market, in particular – facing the challenge of competing with the constantly increasing a number of newly arising artists in the contemporary art field. YICCA was founded in 2009. The decision of its foundation was taken under the great influence of new ways of making and thinking art that recently has discovered many surprising and unusual forms of art. This general confusion and rapid change of offers are without any doubt challenging and extremely exciting. The main goal of YICCA is to understand and to improve new talents that in this “beautiful chaos” are able to interpret better the upcoming art.
Internationality and networking make YICCA a huge opportunity for the artists, which can:
- Win a cash prize:
- Euro 3000,00 money prize to the first selected
- Euro 1000,00 money prize to the second selected
- Promote their art through a variety of channels:
- exhibit the selected artworks in an exhibition space, determined by competition.
- improve the relationship between finalists and critics, curators, gallery owners, public and private art institutions that will have access to this important exhibition.
- have maximum visibility through the advertising campaign that will follow the competition and all its stages.
- All kinds of artworks are accepted, including video, installations and performances.
- All works will be presented by a picture or a video that must be followed by a description of the work.
- All works must be available for the final exhibition and have to be the artist’s property.
- The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals from any country.
- There are no special qualifications required for entry.
Apply Online through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020 (4 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link