Value Creation Challenge (VCC), a nationwide incubation program of Eight2Five powered by Old Mutual, in partnership with British Council, British Embassy and EFT is calling for application. The program provides professional business development and learning opportunities, connections and financial support to entrepreneurs that have businesses that are no older than 5 years.
VCC facilitates business development through product incubation, business acceleration strategies, access to networks and potential investors and seed funding. The program will include masterclasses, incubator programmes, accelerator programmes, startup funding and networking events for qualifying participants and alumni. The programme targets start-ups that operate in the following thematic areas:
3.Creative Industry (Fashion, Music & Literature)
The Value Creation Challenge was first introduced in 2019 with the goal of assisting Zimbabwean entrepreneurs and youth in establishing long-term viability for their enterprises. Since then, the initiative has granted $70,000 USD in funding to excelling entrepreneurs and engaged 150,000 people through workshops and masterclasses both online and in person. Several alumni have shared their success stories, like Chipo Chikomo, founder of Nhanga Trust, who during the launch event, described her experience competing in the second phase last year as extremely valuable and eye-opening as she emerged with a sound and scalable business model. She was the only female participant to make it to the final 5 and she recommends female entrepreneurs to apply for VCC 2023.
This year’s edition is targeting startup owners and entrepreneurs operating in these 4 thematic areas: Emerging Technology, Fintech, Sustainability (Climate change), and the Creative Industries. In the first and second edition of the Value Creation Challenge, entrepreneurs grew through incubation, access to finance, and the knowledge and professional skills required to scale or improve their operations. With the inclusion of new partners, the programme will undoubtedly be larger and better this year. Eligible applicants will have access to professional business development and learning opportunities, as well as business linkages and financial assistance.
The program provides
- professional business development and learning opportunities,
- connections and financial support to entrepreneurs that have businesses that are no older than 5 years.
- Must be a Zimbabwean citizen above the age of 18 years
- Must be the business/ idea owner and applications on behalf of a third party will not be accepted
- Business/ idea must fall under any one of the four pillars:Emerging Technologies, Fintech, Creative Industry (Fashion, Music & Literature) and Sustainability (climate change)
- Business is no older than 5 years at the time of applying
- Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for at least 4 days out of every month from May- August 2023
- Applicants should apply through online application. Due to the high volume of applications, they will only be able to respond to successful entries.
Application Deadline: April 7, 2023 (17 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link