The UNITED NATIONS in its desire to promote the highest standard of excellence in political cartoons depicting the spirit of the United Nations has established this annual political cartoon award given in the international field and named the award after political cartoonist Ranan Lurie.
Represent work done from the beginning of September 2016, to the 15th of October 2017, reflecting the importance of human dignity, mutual respect, and friendship among nations, as well as economic consideration and environmental responsibilities towards each other.
United Nation’s obligation is fulfilled upon the mailing of the plaques and/or valid checks to the award winners. Checks must be cashed within three months of mailing, after which time the checks will become null and void. The Committee will not be responsible for banking procedures and limitations of any country, or negligence that may create obstacles in cashing the check.
- First prize, of us$10,000 and a plaque.
- Second prize, of us$5,000 and a plaque.
- Third prize, of us$3,000 and a plaque.
- Ten honorable mention plaques granted by
- All winning entries will be announced via the worldwide press.
- Entries for these awards may be made by any professional individual, and should consist of political cartoons printed in any publication published anywhere, in any language.
- The entry must consist of reproductions only. The cartoon reproductions will be accepted only as published, with name of publication, language, and date included, accompanied by a newspaper reprint, and translated into English.
- Cartoonists may send in what ever they please, the contest does not encourage maligning member nations.
- http://lurieunaward.com/forms.htm, Print out this form directly from your computer and submit by mail with the materials specified by the rules.
- Entries must be submitted in writing and addressed toTHE UNITED NATIONS/RANAN LURIE
POLITICAL CARTOON AWARDS
25 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019
(No phone or fax calls or Emails, please). Entries for awards must be received on or before November 15, 2017.
- Exhibits are limited to two cartoons per person. Reproductions must be presented measuring no larger than 8,5 x 11 inches. Envelopes larger than 8,5 x 11,5 inches and that are thicker than one eighth of one inch will not be opened, and their entries shall not participate in the competition.
- The entries should be sent in soft envelopes, easy to open.
- The Committee requires that all entries conform to the stated limits and sizes before it can be given any jury consideration. All exhibits should include a biography of no more than 75 words long, be written in clear English, and a picture of the entrant.
- Again: Only copies (not originals!) will be accepted for consideration. All material may be used for promotional purposes, including but not limited to inclusion in special United Nations albums or any other albums and/or exhibits.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link