Welcome to the 26th annual Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest. This writing can be any short work of fiction, and an essay is any short work of nonfiction. The writings will be judged by Dennis Norris II, assisted by Lauren Singer. Please submit as many entries as you like. All themes accepted. Entries may be published or unpublished. Length limit: 6,000 words. No restrictions on age or country.
- STORY: First Prize, $2,000
- ESSAY: First Prize, $2,000
- 10 Honorable Mentions will receive $100 each (any category)
- Top 12 entries published online
- No restrictions on age
- The content must be original
- Apply Online through the given link.
- Application Fee: $20 per entry
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link