This summer Social Business Challenge Munich will open One Young World’s stage to the winner of Social Business Challenge, so they can present to an influential audience from all over the world: OYW delegates, ambassadors, local and global leaders, activists, personalities and corporates. In the past years, they included inspiring personalities like Jane Goodall, Muhammad Yunus, Paul Polman, Emma Watson or Meghan Markle.
The Social Business Challenge is an initiative of the Munich One Young World-Ambassadors in cooperation with the City of Munich. A specially appointed jury will decide which applicants are chosen for the presentation as part of the One Young World 2021 Munich Summit.
It is believed that social businesses can find and implement solutions for the city’s social and environmental challenges. However, they often face various barriers: Those include low visibility in society and the media as well as a lack of contacts with decision-makers, donors and supporters. And Social Business Challenge Munich wants to change that and support you!
This is a unique opportunity for local startups from Bavaria supporting social and/or sustainable causes to attend the One Young World summit and be a part of it.
- Access to the unique OYW ambassador network: >10.000 young leaders from 190+ countries.
- If you are within the best applicants you can present your solution in front of a top-class jury including representatives of the City of Munich, One Young World, Yunus Social Business, BonVenture, FASE and OYW ambassadors.
- The winner gets a spot to showcase your solution on stage during OYW Summit 2021.
- In addition, the winner gets a (online) ticket to participate in the OYW Summit 2021 in Munich and gets the chance to listen to a multiplicity of inspiring speeches, plenary sessions as well as the exchange with OYW delegates.
- Your company is a social startup based in Bavaria
- Your company supports one or more of the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- SDG 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Your company has reached at least the 1st stage and can present a minimum viable product (MVP).
- A strong team is key. Scalability is desirable. A focus on urban challenges and our local community is a plus.
- At least one of your founding members has to be under 35 years.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Please also upload your pitch deck and if you want to, you can furthermore provide a link to a video of your team, your MVP and what you think they should know about you.
- Applications will be accepted until the 14 th of May 2020.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021 (8 Minutes Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link