The Billboard Art Competition is a part of the 13th Festival of Art on Billboards Art Moves. The invitation is addressed to all the interested people, artists and students. There is no entry fee.
The artwork is supposed to be a creative response to this year’s competition theme: Epidemics – a global catastrophe, a punishment, or a chance to reinvent yourself and the world?
This competition slogan can be treated as a metaphor for all the processes taking place in the world today. The past few months have changed the entire world – societies and countries, families and individual people. The standard rules of reality have been suspended, and we have been hiding in our homes, isolated from others and transfixed with horror. Individuals and whole societies have been overwhelmed by fear, anxiety and trauma. These tough moments and experiences have left an imprint on us, but have they changed us for the better? Is it a permanent or just a temporary change, and will the world be what it used to be? Should we quickly forget about what happened – our experiences and emotions; or maybe on the contrary, should we remember it well, think about it and draw constructive conclusions? Is it a punishment or maybe a chance to reinvent ourselves and the world in a joint global effort? How to use these difficult experiences to build a better world? What can these tough events we have all experienced in different places around the world teach us? Which of these experiences can strengthen us and the culture we live into better cope with similar challenges in the future?
The purpose of the Competition is to propagate and popularize billboard art and to encourage artists to create art engaged in reality.
- The author of the winning entry will receive the Main Award in the amount of PLN 5.000 (about EUR 1 127, USD 1 278).
- The best 10 artworks selected by an international jury panel will be printed and exhibited in the urban space of the city of Torun, Poland in September/October 2020.
- Both individual artists and groups of artists can participate in the competition.
- In case of groups, the following data should be included on the application card: names and surnames of ALL the authors of the work and
contact details of ONLY one person who will be representing a group in contacts with the organizers of the competition.
- The format of the competition work should be 498 cm x 243 cm (196 inches x 95.7 inches) in a horizontal layout, 100 dpi, cmyk, tiff.
- In order to take part in the Competition, the artist has to send a completed entry form and attach a preview of the submitted work in the following format: 30 cm x 14,6 cm (11,8 inches x 5,7 inches) in a horizontal layout, 72 dpi, jpg. Each jpg file should be named with the artist’s first and last name. If more works are submitted, use numbers 1 to
3 in addition to the first and last name e.g. adam_smith_1, adam_smith_2, adam_smith_3.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: At this point of the competition, do NOT attach files of the complete (heavy) works. The Competition organizers will contact the selected artists after the announcement of the jury’s verdict in order to receive the final works to be printed off and displayed on the billboards. The entries can be sent by electronic mail until 23 July 2020, 0:00 CET, to the following address: [email protected]
Application Deadline: July 23, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link