Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei.
Taipei City Government has been devoted to shaping Taipei into a city with design visions and has been encouraging designers to contemplate on the meaning of design, to see design as a problem-solving tool, that is, to solve problems inevitably faced by the general public, the society or the city, and to further present Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”.
Entries are grouped into three main categories: Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design and Public Space Design.
- Industrial Design：
Industrial design refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- Visual Communication Design：
Visual communication includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing (including digital printing) etc.
- Public Space Design：
Open space provided for public use, government buildings and certain private establishments.
- Aside from the cash prize, the Taipei City Mayor Award /Golden/Silver/Bronze/ico-D Special/IFI Special/Judges’ Special/Social Design Award/Applied Design Award/Inclusive Design Award winners will also receive a trophy and a certificate of recognition; the Sponsors, Distinction and People’s Choice Awards will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The names of all the winners will be announced on the official website to allow businesses to contact them for future design projects.
- Discover creative designs with business potential.
- Develop passion for creativeness and design.
- Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after June 30, 2016.
- Entrants must proceed to the official website through the provided link to obtain personal account. After completing on-line registration, applicants will receive an automatic email of ‘Account Confirmed Notification’.
- After obtaining the account, entrants can sign on and upload files before the registration deadline. All files should come in the formats of jpg, png, bmp, under 3MB in size and 1190 x 840 pixels in resolution.
- Please make sure that all entries should not be marked with creators, authors or companies’ names or other symbols/codes that will impair the selection fairness; violation will lead to disqualification from the competition.
- After entrants uploading their entries in electronic files, along with design concept description and agreement of “Intellectual property Rights Disclaimer”, the registration procedure is thus completed. The system will send an automatic email of ‘Registration Confirmed Notification’ to the entrant’s email address.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the official website for more details about the competition.
Application Deadline: July 25, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link