The Social Fiction Design Competition invites visionaries and dreamers around the world with a knack for creative writing to share how they wish to see the world and the lives of young people in the year 2050. This competition is a global platform that encourages Social Fiction of a world free of social and environmental injustices that plague the communities. And it all starts with imagination!
They are looking for inspiring fiction of 1000-5000 words with a narrative of the world they want to live in. The deadline for submissions is 15 December 2022. The best social fiction write-up will get a chance to win USD 10,000!
Yunus Centre, in collaboration with YY Ventures, introduces the Social Business Design Competition and the Social Fiction Design Competition to nurture social innovation and entrepreneurship among the next generation of young talent. Their mission is to create a world of three zeros – zero net carbon emission, zero wealth concentration for ending poverty, and zero unemployment by unleashing entrepreneurship in all.
The competitions are designed with the goal to enhance the momentum to build a global Social Business ecosystem by empowering our youth as they move forward and change the world with their innovative ideas.
The best social fiction write-up will get a chance to win USD 10,000!
- All ages can apply.
- All nationalities can apply.
Theme: Imagine the life of a young person in the world of 2050.
- In min 1000 – max 5000 words, write a Social Fiction, taking the readers on a tour of what this fictional world in 2050 looks like.
- Address one or more social and environmental focus areas in your writing:Climate Change, Micro-credit, Agriculture, Technology and Innovation, Transport, Literature, Music, Waste, Circular Economy, Tourism, WASH, Employment, Sports, Health & Well-being etc.
- Tell us how key players in the government, corporate houses, educational institutions, local businesses and/or community members are contributing to this new world.
- Fill up the online application form and submit your Social Fiction writing!
Application Deadline: December 15, 2022 (6 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link