Little Wonder Radio Plays are an anglophone full cast audio drama production company based in Paris.
Little Wonder is an Artist’s Collective, a group of professionally trained writers, actors, director, musicians, editors and artists who, amongst other things, come together to produce twice monthly radio plays. Their plays are free to listen to and download from iTunes.
It is an opportunity to work with friends, to try out ideas different from what they usually write, and have fun making new art.
Because they know first hand how hard it can be for new writers, Little Wonder run regular free-to-enter competitions to help aspiring playwrights receive feedback and get their work read. Last year’s competition had more than 300 entries, 70 authors who received detailed feedback, and a shortlist of 5 had their plays performed live at a staged reading in Paris. At least seven scripts Little Wonder worked with have gone on to be broadcast or performed elsewhere.
- Entry is free.
- All longlisted entries will receive written feedback from their writing team and a window for revision.
- The shortlist will be announced on the 1st August. All 5 shortlisted pieces will be recorded before a public audience who will vote alongside our judges panel for a winner. The winner will be bragged about on our website and generally showered with praise.
- Writers of Colour; OR
- Writers with a Disability (visible or invisible), or long-term serious illness.
- Aged 16 or over who IS NOT a judge (or judges family member), or a current member of the Little Wonder Writing team
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Complete the online application form and note the following
Entrants should submit:
- A radio script for a full cast audio drama between 1600 and 2000 words (10 to 15 minutes).
- Requiring no more than four actors. No children please!
- The script must be in English
- The script must be new or have not been entered into any other competitions
- Written solo or in a group, but only one entry per person/group.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link