Women Leaders in Global Health Challenge Contest are accepting applications which aim to increase applications from women scientists to TDR’s mid-career clinical research and development fellowship. The contest builds upon TDR Global 3-month mobilization on gender equity in health research.
The fellowship is designed for scientists from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to work with pharmaceutical, research institute or product development partners for one year to learn about clinical research. The experience can help to build the global health leaders of tomorrow.
Your ideas are welcomed and will celebrate the best ideas with you: Individuals who submit exceptional ideas will be supported to join the Women Leaders in Global Health conference in London this November. But more importantly, selected ideas deemed feasible by TDR will be implemented to increase women’s participation in the fellowship.
Location:Online, United Kingdom
- At least 3 semi-finalists will be supported (registration, travel, hotel, per diem) to join and present their ideas at the Women Leaders in Global Health conference in November 2018.
- Selected finalists will have their idea implemented to increase women’s participation in this fellowship.
- Anyone can participate.
- Although they are eager to hear the voices of women from low- and middle-income countries, the challenge is not restricted to this group. All ideas will be evaluated without regard to the gender identity of the individual who submitted them
- Send your plan to expand women’s participation in a mid-career fellowship from WHO/TDR.
- This could be a way to more widely disseminate the fellowship call in order to increase awareness, a way to make the fellowship more conducive to women with caregiving obligations, or a way to increase the number of qualified women applicants. Be creative!
- Format for submissions
- Submissions must be written in English and less than 500 words. Submissions with figures have a 450 words limit.
- Criteria for judging submissions
- Submissions will be judged on a 1-10 scale according to the following three criteria:
- Capacity to increase the number of women who apply and receive WHO/TDR fellowships;
- innovation, defined as different from the current practice used in the fellowship.
- Final decisions about semi-finalists will be made by the Steering Committee.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link