Applications for the Innovating Justice Challenge 2023 are open! The Justice Accelerator is HiiL’s flagship innovation program that funds, trains, and coaches a global cohort of justice startups. They seek startups that solve people’s justice problems and aspire for them to have access to justice at work, at home, in their neighborhoods, and in business.
They support startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better
- working conditions with their employer
- separation terms with their spouse
- protection against theft, fraud, and violence
- arrangements about noise, damages, and property access with their neighbor
- housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord
- agreements on ownership, registration, and use of land
- contracts, fraud protection, and compliance for their small business.
HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a civil society organization committed to people-centered justice. That means justice that is affordable, accessible, and easy to understand. To make that transformation they must put people and the outcomes they need at the center, not institutions and existing procedures. They aim that by 2030, 150 million people will be able to prevent or resolve their most pressing justice problems. They do this by stimulating innovation and scaling what works best. They are friendly rebels focused on concrete improvements in the lives of people. Data and evidence are central to all that they do. HiiL is an equal opportunity, international employer. They are based in the Netherlands, in the City of Peace and Justice, The Hague.
HiiL works in partnership with public officials, justice sector professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors to realize people-centered justice and help reach SDG16.3 – equal access to justice for all. Through their work, they help justice practitioners to build solutions that allow people to resolve or prevent their justice problems. This means more people can get on with their lives faster, enhancing their well-being and economies.
- €10,000 non-equity funding
- Workshops delivered by industry specialists on a variety of topics from impact measurement to marketing, commercial strategy, and financial modeling
- A dedicated coach and a network of expert mentors
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice stakeholders and practitioners, as well as top-notch research and development
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20.000 at Demo Day
Startups from MENA, Kenya, and Nigeria who have:
- People-centered solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems
- A functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand. Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about our ideation and incubation programs.
- A strong team of founder(s)
- A revenue model
- Ambition to scale beyond the immediate target market
- Applications have to be made through an online application form.
- Applicants have to use the ‘SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION’ button on the program’s official page to start the application process.
- Applicants will have to make an account at the application portal available at the ‘SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION’ button on the program’s official page.
- After creating the account, applicants will have to log in and use the online form to complete the application process.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 (6 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link