Often the most innovative research comes from those just starting their careers. As such, QSR International is thrilled to be supporting the next generation of qualitative research innovation! They recognize that early career researchers often find it difficult to access research grants as they have to compete with established scholars. This is why QSR has established this grant just for those starting out on their research careers.
Proposals will be reviewed and assessed by an academic committee appointed by QSR. They will be matching reviewers to applications as much as they can according to discipline and methods. They will be looking for the following:
- a clearly stated and realistic research idea and budget
- an appropriate relevant review of the literature supporting the significance of the research proposal
- a research design that is appropriate for the stated aims
- a detailed realistic plan for data collection and analysis
- the kinds of output planned for the research results
- and extra points will be awarded if the proposal is innovative in terms of any of the following – the subject of research, the research design, the data collection method, the analysis process or the output
Allow for $25,000 USD in funding over two years to an Early Career Researcher with a project that shows promise and contribution to knowledge.
- Must have been awarded your doctorate from 2013 up to and including 2020;
- Must have an academic appointment at an institution of higher education;
- Must have a proposal for a qualitative or mixed method research project;
- Need to have the support of your university’s grants administration; and,
- Research needs to involve the use of NVivo for at least part of the data analysis
Applicants need to bear this in mind when completing their application. Applications must be in English and will be assessed based on the intended project (70%) and the applicant (30%).
A completed application should include:
An abstract (300 words) of the research’s aims, methodology, contribution to knowledge, and value to QSR International
A completed Research Project Proposal form (1750 words in total, not including abstract; 250 words per section). The research proposal should be double spaced (including figures, diagrams, and tables) and should contain the following sections:
The Research Idea (10%); Background (10%); The Project Description (10%); Methodology (10%); Contribution to Knowledge (10%); Innovation (10%); Work plan and Knowledge Translation Plan (10%)
A budget with a breakdown of all costs
A curriculum vitae with a complete list of publications
Letter from the institutional official who manages grants
An academic reference
Applications consist of the (1) Application Form (2) Research proposal (including abstract and budget), (3) Curriculum vitae, (4) Letter from the institutional official who manages grants, and (5) an academic reference.
The academic reference from a recognised scholar in your field of study should include:
The applicant’s status (personal academic reference)
The research proposed (a brief statement of how it meets funders’ criteria)
Why the research would not be funded by existing resources
Applicants must confirm that their home institution is aware of their application and should provide the contact details of the relevant Administrative Officer. Should your application progress, this Officer will be asked to confirm on behalf of your department and institution that:
If replacement costs are requested for a term, you will be in receipt of your normal salary during the tenure of the reward and the institution will provide cover
If research expenses are sought, this request has the support of the head of department.
Acknowledgment that neither QSR International nor the Early Career Research Grant will be liable (i.e. charged) for any indirect costs (overhead and handling fees) associated with the execution of the work described in the application.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021 (42 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link