GIF IT UP is an annual gif-making competition for the most creative reuse of digitised cultural heritage material. This year’s 7th edition is run by Europeana in close cooperation with Digital Public Library of America, Digital NZ and Trove.
From 1 – 31 October, all gif-makers, cultural heritage enthusiasts and lovers of the internet are invited to create brand new gifs by remixing copyright-free and openly licensed material from four international digital libraries.
This year two new content partners are joining the fun – Japan Search, a platform giving access to digitised material from cultural institutions across Japan, and DAG Museums in Kolkata.
An opportunity to develop digital and creative skills while learning about copyright, culture and history.
Basic digital skills.Eligible Regions: Open for all.
- Find an inspiring piece of copyright-free or openly licensed material from Europeana, DPLA, Digital NZ, Trove, Japan Search or chosen by DAG Museums.
- Create an awesome GIF
- Submit your GIF through the Apply Now link for a chance to win great prizes
- Share your creation on social media using the hashtag #GIFITUP2020
- All eligible entries will be showcased on the GIPHY channel dedicated to the competition and promoted on social media with the hashtag #GIFITUP2020.
- Even if you are not participating, don’t forget to vote for your favourite gif!
- Results will be announced in November.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020 (5 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link