To celebrate the commencement of European Youth Week, the IARS International Institute are running an essay competition for all young people between the ages of 14-25 in Europe. Connected to the European Parliament elections between the 23rd to the 26th May 2019, the theme for this essay competition is “Democracy and Me”, and particularly focusing on the role young people can have in influencing decisions and being active in society. This Youth Essay competition is seeking answers to the following question:
“What is the biggest challenge facing young people in Europe in 2019? What steps can young people take to proactively resolve these on both a community and national level?”
By taking part in the IARS European Youth Week Essay Competition, you have a chance to share your thoughts and opinions with key policymakers and youth organisations on a European platform.
- €200 towards trip to London for the Youth Conference in July 2019, to present essays to 100 Conference delegates
- Presentation training before delivering essay live on stage at the IARS Conference
- Promotion of essays and work across IARS social media channels
- Top 5 essays will be published in the 99% Magazine by the IARS International Institute, and shared on the IARS website
- The competition is open to all 16 – 25 year olds from European Member States
- Essays should not exceed 2,500 words in length
- All essays must be in English
- Only one entry per applicant
- The deadline for submission is 12am 16th May 2019 (UK) or 12am 17th June 2019 (UK & Europe)
- In order to win the prize of an expenses covered trip to the IARS Youth Conference 2019, submit an essay of no more than 2,500 words in English before the 16th May 2019 (for early-entry competition – UK only!) and the 17th June 2019 (for the Conference, and for UK and European).
- The essay must be e-mailed to [email protected] with the Subject: Youth Essay Competition (UK or EU) dependent upon which category entered.
- The e-mail must also include the young persons’ name, age, location, photograph, what they study (if they study), job (if they have one) and a small paragraph about the young people.
- The three finalists will be announced at the end of June ahead of the Conference and will compete at a grand finale in London as part of the Youth Conference, where they will present their ideas.
- The final winner will be chosen via a public vote.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2019 (25 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link