NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society again together offering young filmmakers around the world a chance to share their works inspired by, and using actual NASA imagery through CINESPACE, a short film competition. Films featuring NASA-captured imagery and video collected throughout the agency’s nearly 60-year history will be judged on creativity, innovation and attention to detail: which also are the hallmarks of spaceflight. Winners will be announced and screened along with all finalists at the annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival which will be held in November.
- Finalists and winners will be shown at the Houston Cinema Arts Festival and at venues around the world
- Finalists will be selected for screening at CineSpace
First Overall Prize – $10K
Second Overall Prize – $5K
Third Overall Prize – $3K
- Film Best Depicting Innovation and Inclusion in Science and Technology: USD $4,000
- Film Best Depicting Concept of “Moon, Mars, and Beyond”: USD $4,000
- The Screenings and Competition is offered and open only to natural persons who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry
- Parents and guardians of film makers younger than 18 can submit on their behalf
- The following persons are not eligible to win prizes: employees of NASA, Houston Cinema Arts Society(HCAS) and their Board, employees of vendors to NASA or HCAS that have contracted to provide services to or in connection with the competition, members of the selection committee, the competition judges, and members of the households of the foregoing persons. However, if they would like to submit videos for viewing and possible inclusion as finalists, individuals may submit under certain circumstances
Please visit the Apply Link to access the challenge brief, instructions, and the submission form.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link