Registration is now open for Battle of Minds 2021!
Could your idea change the world? Now is the time to make it happen!
Solve one of the four environmental challenges and get a chance to win a career opportunity at BAT, win a global final and you will get £50,000 to make your idea a reality.
- Culture challenge:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many office-based roles have had to be performed from home. Working from home has had many unintended consequences – reduced emissions from commuting and printing but increased emissions from heating homes. And it has arguably been detrimental to workplace culture. Can you create a product that promotes workplace culture in a working-from-home setting, and builds on employees’ commitment to reducing their environmental impact?
- Farming challenge
As the population is set to increase to 10 billion by 2050, we must increase agricultural yields and enhance farmer livelihoods, whilst balancing the threats posed by over-farming. How might we increase food security, whilst ensuring environmental benefits are achieved?
- Waste challenge
Despite the availability of recyclable packaging and materials, many consumers are not recycling their waste, meaning it ends up in mainstream waste flows, destined for landfill or incineration. How could we encourage consumers to dispose of their waste appropriately?
- Energy challenge
Many people in developing countries lack access to energy sources that are both sustainable and affordable. How could we leverage sustainable energy sources to generate positive social impacts?
Battle of Minds started its journey as a talent recruitment platform back in 2004 with four Bangladeshi universities. Today it is a global, life-changing internship competition that gives driven, resilient, and ambitious students the opportunity to show how their innovative ideas can solve real-world problems and change the future of the business.
The competition takes place in two rounds:
- Local round: If you make it through the screening, you’ll be invited to join the local round to pitch your idea.
- Global round: If you’re one of the local winners, you’ll be invited to the virtual Global Finals!
- Local winners
- Have the chance to win prizes – ranging from monetary recognition to employment opportunities at BAT, depending on your country’s offering.
- Global winning team
- Receive up to £50,000 as a non-conditional investment in your idea, the support needed to get the idea up and running, and potentially a place on the accelerator program for start-ups.
- Two runners-up teams
- Receive up to £25,000 as a non-conditional investment, along with support, also potentially landing a place on the accelerator program for start-ups.
Join the competition if:
- You’re already part of a team, or you can form a team of two to four people.
- You and your team member(s) are current university students studying for a bachelor’s degree or have graduated within the past five years
- You and all your team members are based in one of the eligible countries.
The application process includes the following steps:
Register through the website from 3rd May and set up your team’s profile by 13 June 2021. Take a look at the T&C’s before you get started.
Prepare your pitch that solves one of the four challenges – get more information on how to prepare and submit your pitch after registration.
Submit your pitch between 14 June 2021 and 27 June 2021.
- Register online using the apply link.
Application Deadline: June 13, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link