The Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Asia EDGE Ag-Energy Prize lead by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands invite innovators in Southeast Asia to help address challenges in the renewable energy – agriculture nexus under 2 categories:
- Youth Innovator Prize – for innovators under the age of 30
- Mid-Stage Enterprises Prize – for innovators with existing businesses
The prize competition will spur, recognize, and reward outstanding enterprises from both youth innovators and mid-stage businesses in the Southeast Asian footprint. The prize competition aims to:
- Identify and fund promising innovators at the nexus of renewable energy and agriculture;
- Explore market activity about the nature, progress, and scale of small and growing enterprises in the region; and
- Improve awareness of WE4F and Asia EDGE development initiatives among the business community.
Applicants will be judged on their understanding of the problems within the sector, the potential social impact of their innovation, the viability of their business model, and their ability to target markets at the base of the pyramid.
Send in your applications (which takes around 30 min) for the chance to win $100,000! In addition, receive:
- Mentorship to take your innovation to the next level;
- Workshops that will help develop your business and ideas;
- Network of innovators that will help support you through challenges for sustainable change.
The Prize includes a $355,000 cash prize purse for winners and runners-up, travel sponsorship to participate in the Clean Asia Energy Forum in Manila, the Philippines in June 2020, and customized acceleration services from the WE4F Asia Regional Hub.
In addition, 10 mid-stage and 5 youth innovator prize finalists will benefit from recognition on the WE4F website, communications materials, and travel support to participate in a co-creation workshop in Bangkok, Thailand in March 2020 to discuss challenges and opportunities in the renewable energy and agriculture nexus in Southeast Asia.
Youth Innovators Prize
For the Youth Innovators Prize, applicants must be under the age of 30 with ideas for future or current business model innovation in the renewable energy – agriculture nexus.
Mid-Stage Enterprises Eligibility
To be eligible for the mid-stage prize, enterprises must have existing services or products in the renewable energy – agriculture nexus.Eligible Regions: Southeast Asia, including Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
Apply through the given website.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link