Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Award for Women’s Empowerment aims to highlight the contribution of the public and private sector, civil society and women’s rights champions to worldwide efforts for the ach ievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls and to promote women’s empowerment and equality between men and women. Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public and private institutions are encouraged to apply.
Award value for the public sector, private sector, civil society and individual award is 100,000 USD
- Eligibility criteria for all 4 categories is listed below:
- Have introduced a new concept for women’s empowerment aligned to sustainable development goals, and goal 5 in particular, the Beijing Platform for Action, CEDAW and other global instruments related to women´s empowerment, in the context of our organization/country/region;
- Have used creativity and innovation to address the challenges of gender inequality, using new solutions to address old problems;
- Are able to measure change as a result of our work on women´s empowerment;
- Have provided increased access to high quality and affordable service delivery for women;
- Are working towards ending all forms of violence against women and girls, including harmful practices and attitudes;
- Have introduced changes in employment policies, including recruitment, promotion, training, compensation and career management policies, to bridge the gender gap in women in the workforce, management positions and the gender pay gap;
- Are working towards women in leadership positions in public and private life, and women´s meaningful engagement in policy and legislative decision making;
- Are working towards engaging women in peace and security processes, including promoting women´s rights to be in peace negotiations and to be meaningfully engaged in political transitions;
- Have introduced legislative and policy measures that further the rights of women in our community/institution/government;
- Are able to communicate our results, show that it can be taken to scale, and demonstrate sustainability;
- Have engaged youth, and young women in particular, in addressing the challenges and identifying solutions.
- Please refer to the official website to see more details on eligibilities.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link