Entries are open for the Kindle Storyteller Award 2019 in London, United Kingdom. The Kindle Storyteller contest is a literary prize for authors who publish in any genre in English on Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP).
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a fast, easy and free way for authors and publishers to keep control and publish their books worldwide on the Kindle. Independent publishing gives all authors more choices than they’ve ever had in deciding how to bring their writing to readers. The availability of independent publishing options has resulted in a more robust and diverse set of voices telling their stories and then making those stories available to readers than ever before.
Authors who use KDP retain their rights, can get to market as fast as they wish, earn royalties of up to 70%, keep control of how their work is published, distribute globally and in multiple languages, and do it all for free.
All finalists of the 2019 UK Kindle Storyteller contest will be entered into an additional round of judging along with the finalists of the other KDP literary awards in other languages. One title will be selected by Amazon International Original Studios and the author will be offered an option contract for an audiovisual production and an advance payment of $10,000.
- Each Finalist will receive a Kindle Oasis E-reader.
- The winning author will receive a £20,000 cash prize, be recognised at a central London award ceremony and a marketing campaign to support the book on Amazon’s UK website, as well as the opportunity to have their book translated for international sales.
- The winning author will also have the opportunity to have a mentoring session with a bestselling KDP author.
- Once the winner of the 2019 UK Kindle Storyteller contest has been announced, the finalists from KDP literary writing contests around the world, will have their books reviewed by Amazon for the potential to be adapted into an audiovisual project. One winning title will be selected and the author will have the opportunity to enter into a development and rights option contract with the advanced payment of USD 10,000 for a 36-month exclusive term, subject to Amazon’s additional standard contract terms for audiovisual adaptation rights.
- Open to individuals who are the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry.
- Books must be written in English, previously unpublished and be available as an eBook and in print via Kindle Direct Publishing.
- Entrants may not be a national or legal permanent resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Region of Crimea.
- Entrants may not be members of any guild, union or other organization that may prohibit them from participating in this Competition and that would restrict, require due payment or otherwise have the right to oppose such entrant’s participation in this Competition.
- Not open to employees or independent contractors, or immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren) or those living in the same household of employees or independent contractors of Sponsor, any entity involved in any aspect of the Competition (including funding, judging or administration), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advisors, or advertising/promotion agencies.
- Apply online through the given link.
- You must publish your book between May 1, 2019 — August 31,2019 in order to be eligible.
- Add ‘StorytellerUK2019’ in the “keywords” metadata field when you publish your book on Kindle Direct Publishing page.
- Make your book available for sale as an eBook and as a paperback through Amazon.
- Ensure your book in enrolled in KDP Select while it is in the contest.
- Shortlisted authors will be contacted via phone or email by 13th September 2019.
*Please visit the official link for more details.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link