The RIBA International Prize, established in 2015, is the first global prize for architecture that has been created by the RIBA. The prestigious prize is open to any registered architect in the world and is awarded to a new building of any size, type or budget.
The prize celebrates architectural ambition on a global scale and is an invitation to showcase how design is addressing the concerns of today.
They’re calling for practices worldwide to submit their projects for consideration for the RIBA International Prize 2018 – from small scale innovative designs to major cultural developments – all will be considered in this search for an example of the best in civic architecture today. Projects should have been completed within the past two years, and the winning building will exemplify visionary and innovative thinking, the excellence of execution but also the distinct contribution that it makes to its users and to its physical context.
- Entry fee discount is available for RIBA Members
(you do not need to be a RIBA member to enter international projects)
- Award winners will receive both hard-copy and digital RIBA Awards marketing assets.
The RIBA International Prize is open to any qualified architect. To enter a building outside the UK the project director must:
- Be a qualified architect
- Have completed the building, which must have been occupied (partially-occupied commercial and housing projects subject to RIBA approval) between 1 January 2014 and 1 October 2017
- Have the client’s permission to submit the building
They will ask you for evidence of your membership of an organisation such as the RIBA, or registration with an architecture registration board. If you are not a member of any such organisation, they will need details of your qualification certificate and the academic institute you graduated from.
RIBA, RSAW, RIAS, RSUA members and RIBA International Fellows can enter projects into both the UK and international awards. If you are thinking about entering buildings in the UK.
For further information please check their official website.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
To create your awards account you will need the following:
- An email address. This contact should be the individual co-ordinating your awards entries.
- For UK projects – an individual RIBA, RSAW, RIAS, RSUA or RIBA International Fellowship member number. The membership number should be up to 8 digits long and contain numbers only e.g. 12345678.
- For International projects – International awards are open to any qualified architect. You will need to provide evidence of the project director’s membership of an organisation such as the RIBA, or registration with an architecture registration board. If you are not a member of any such organisation, we will need details of your qualification certificate and the academic institute you graduated from.
Apply online through the given link!
For more information please visit their official website.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2017 (27 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link