Entries are now invited for the Kokuyo Design Award 2021 International Competition. The Kokuyo Design Award is an international competition for user-centric design, where the best of the best are actually turned into products for the consumer market.
This year’s theme is ‘Post-Normal’. The world became new while we were totally unprepared for it. Before we are given time to think carefully about things, what we like, dislike, agree with, disagree with, our once-familiar everyday life continues to change. So we try to catch up with the changes, and in our rush, many ideas spring up and disappear.
They are looking for more ideas to turn into actual products. Make sure to submit your design for the Kokuyo Design Award 2021.
- The design’s interpretation of the theme.
- The design’s level of completion.
- The design’s potential to become a product.
The KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD is an international competition for user-centric design, where the best of the best are actually turned into products for the consumer market. Last year, they received a total of 1,377 entries from designers in more than 54 countries.
- Grand Prize (1 Winner): ¥2,000,000
- Merit Award (3 Winners): ¥500,000
- Entrants will make a presentation at the final judging in Tokyo (March 13, 2021). The contest organizer will pay full expenses incurred by participants for travel and lodging.
- The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality.
- Any stationery, furniture, or tool used in working, learning, and living scenes will be accepted.
- In cases when an entrant is a minor, the consent of their parent or other statutory agent is required.
- Entry eligibility is limited to those designs never before shown publicly (in Japan, other countries).
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 19, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link