The Youth Empowerment award comes as an initiative of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain. This initiative aims to empower young people and give them the attention, encouragement, and motivation needed. It will encourage all eligible participants to improve the enabling environment and infrastructure for youth to allow them to be effective and productive citizens contributing to their communities.
The award has 4 different categories; Individuals, Government sector, Private Sector, Non-Profit organizations and international organizations.
The Individuals category targets active youth with academic, professional, and/or voluntary accomplishments.
- The awardee will receive a $25,000 grant, a certificate of recognition and a trophy.
- The four winners of the King Hamad Youth Award will be invited to attend the 2018 ECOSOC Youth Forum, where the awards presentation will take place.
- The UNDP will assist all winners in acquiring the necessary travel documents and information in order to attend the ECOSOC Youth Forum. Economy-class flights and accommodation will be paid by MYS for each of the four winners.
- Proven contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals through academic, professional, and/or voluntary accomplishments
- Examples of innovation, creativity and thought leadership
- Strong reputation among peers, colleagues, and mentors
- Number of national and international awards received
- Number of youth societies and associations the individual is a part of
- Voluntary work completed to benefit his or her community
- Must be age 15 to 30
Application Deadline: October 10, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link