The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration.
More than 11,000 organisations globally trust IELTS, so when you take the test you can be confident that it is recognised by educational institutions, employers, governments and professional bodies around the world.
As one of the pioneers of four skills English language testing 30 years ago, IELTS continues to set the standard for English language testing today. Governments in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom use IELTS to process immigration applications.IELTS, the test that’s trusted by educational institutions and universities all around the world, could take you even further: all the way to your ideal academic field, institution and destination.The 2022 IELTS Prize is open to test takers living in Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- Seven lucky IELTS test takers in each of the countries below will be given a £3,000 prize to turn their academic dreams into reality.
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
- be a resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa (except applicants in Canada)
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate studies in academic year 2023/2024
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- register for an IELTS test with the British Council between 1 September 2021 and 15 September 2022 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form
- have a minimum overall band score of 5.5 or higher
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by latest 1 September 2023.
Complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
- British Council IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving your residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
- Forwarding these documents by email to your country’s office is possible too.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022 (5 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link