Global Citizen is a community of people like you. People who want to learn about and take action on the world’s biggest challenges—and use their power to get other people involved too. They are committed to building a movement of citizens to end extreme poverty by 2030 and achieve the Global Goals for Sustainable Development. They bring you stories and actions that make a difference. That help fight extreme poverty and inequality around the world, and support approaches that will make life more sustainable for people and the planet.
Cisco and Global Citizen are united in their belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem-solving. They are joining forces to create the Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership presented by Cisco to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving our common goals.
They are looking for organizations that use an IT-based solution to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact. A qualifying IT-based solution is one that produces greater impact, at lower cost, higher quality, with stronger outcomes – and also enables specific metrics for social outcome to be gathered and reported.
Please reference the Global Citizen Manifesto for our definition of a Global Citizen. They are looking for a young person who is making extraordinary progress toward one or more of the Global Goals. Global Problem Solvers innovate as technologists, think as entrepreneurs, and act as social change agents to solve global problems like poverty, inequality, hunger, and more.
Semi-finalists will be notified on or before October 20, 2018. The winner will be notified within 5 days of November 5th, 2018.
The 2018 winner of the Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to Johannesburg, South Africa to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Global Citizen Mandela 100 Festival
- Networking and development opportunities to support your work.
- You must be 18-30 years old as of December 2, 2018, and be able to travel to South Africa in early December to accept prize.
- For period of three years, you must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
- You must accept the terms and conditions as listed here.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link